The purpose of this site is to discuss, debate, and share tactics as we try to create a better system of education that works for the widest range of students. The discussion is open, the topic list probably endless, the urgency great.
I'll just start with a few random links...
The feds guide to accessible textbooks
New York's guide to getting accessible text
a great look at math disability from PBS - thanks Emily
Aspergia - "rebranding Asperger's"
Digital Text in Classrooms - from CAST
Assessment guides - from WATI
E-book Library - University of Virginia
- About Ira David Socol
- Freedom Stick and Firefox Accessibility
- The Change.Org Posts
- IdeaChat 11 February 2012
- Counting the Origins of Failure
- Technology: The Wrong Questions and the Right Questions
- Today's "School Reformers" vs Real Change for Education - I
- Today’s “School Reformers” vs Real Change for Education - II
- The Toolbelt and Universal Design - Education For Everyone
- "Evaluate that!" - Schools for Children